Youth Coaching & Meditation for kids
Youth coaching can also have a great many benefits from the perspective of a parent. Coaching can help your child to better understand their emotions and how to manage them. When a child appears to lash out or react aggressively, they may be battling feelings of worry or fear. Youth coaching helps young people understand and control their confused emotions, encouraging a better parent-child relationship.
In youth coaching program they get the opportunity to talk about difficult personal challenges. Mentoring or Life Coaching Young Adults can often do things that reach these young people in a way nothing else has. Youth coaching will help identify their needs and concerns.
Mindfulness in Schools Program
This training helps participants to:
- Learn to respond rather than react to life and embrace change more easily
- Meet and surmount the challenges and stresses that they face moment to moment
- Have a greater awareness of their own thoughts, feelings and automatic thinking
- Be completely present and aware with other people.
- Remain innovative, objective and focused, to create more positive outcomes
- They get the opportunity to talk about difficult subjects, such as bullying and relationships.
- They are encouraged to see the world from a fresh perspective.
- They can begin to set goals for self-improvement.
- They learn to handle and manage emotions.
- They learn to build confidence and social skills.
Meditation For Kids
Guided meditation means that the children use the power of their imagination to work through tensions and discover a deeper layer of themselves – using visualizations and breathing techniques.
Specially designed meditations and exercises based on the works of Deborah Rozman, Maureen Murdock, Sarah Wood, Peggy J. Jenkins, and Lori Lite (Creator of Children’s Stress Awareness Curriculum).
Benefits of Meditation for Kids and Teens:
More Confidence and Sense of Inner well being
Better Sleep and Ability to Relax
Improved Concentration, Memory and Listening Skills
More Mental Strength, Alertness
Improved Self-Esteem and Self Awareness
Ability to Cope with Stresses of Life including Exams
Enhanced Creativity and Imagination
In today’s world, kids are more stressed than ever. Challenges such as peer pressure, academic achievement, self-image and fitting in can be overwhelming. Our kids can learn to cope with these pressures, fears and unresolved issues through the art of relaxing and centring.
These techniques are specially designed for kids of different age groups from first to twelfth-grade kids.
Most people are curious about a child’s ability to meditate. Many adults can’t seem to have the patience, so they wonder how could a child sit still long enough to meditate? With my own experience teaching meditation, I have noticed that children love to meditate. Meditation allows children to use their creative imagination without limitation…
Practised regularly, these exercises can have a profound effect on children’s mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. As we move on, I introduce them to more advanced meditations and exercises according to their understanding and age group.
Careful selection of various meditations for different age groups are available for:
- Learning with all senses
- Improving skills through imagery
- Making self expression easy
- Inner and outer harmony
- Entering adolescence
- Quest for identity
By teaching our children art of centring we can provide them with an invaluable tool to assist them in the art of “living well”.